When Monkeys Attack.

Inspired by Nothingman. Now don't try to make sense out of it. Just READ! (:

===========================

A boy went to the zoo on a hot summer's day,
And he peeked through the monkey's cage.
He threw in a rock, and it sent back a shock,
As the monkey was greatly enraged.
The monkey squeezed out, and clawed at the boy's face,
Mauling him with an angered grin.
They were caught in a race, and the monkey without haste,
As it threw the rock at the boy's chin.
And it tore off his clothes, his back red as a rose,
As the monkey scraped blood from his back.
The crowd began to stare, but the boy didn't care.
He just wanted to stop being attacked.
The crowd laughed at his pain, the boy clawed at again,
And it stuck a popcorn bag on his head.
He felt like he was blind, and the agony he did mind,
It just rammed a large stone on his head.
The boy pulled off the bag,
But the monkey was glad, and he got more demented ideas.
He beat him with a bat, and knocked him on a mat,
And the crowd gave maniacal cheers.
The monkey's demonical, archaic plain,
Had now begun to bear fruit.
He grabbed a crowbar, as this was the next par,
In his evil, yet humorous quest.
As he grabbed the bar, and he began to mar,
The boy into painful submission,
He gave squeaks of joy, as the bar was a toy,
For completing his life's greatest mission.
Then the manager came, his face cover with shame,
As he lifted the monkey from the ground.
It mad one faint little sound, as he called up the pound,
While they in-turn, called animal control.
They stuck it in a muzzle, as they began to puzzle,
What could have made the primate insane.
Then he glared at the boy, now not pounding with joy,
And his parents were called on the phone.
He was grounded for life, despite all of his strife,
And he was stuck at the zoo for years.
He had to clean the cages, and keep track of the wages,
And he never was happy again.

28 comments:

Pallav said...

Very interesting...i like your sense of rhyme :) and hey, anything with monkeys in them has to be good :D

a scary scenario overall though, thank god it was not a gorilla! :P

N

black coffee said...

i might be wrong but i do detect a few dark spots between these lines. i am not able to place my finger on it but there is some dark satire behind it.
again, i might be wrong!

but i liked it nevertheless. :)

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

omg!!
if dat really has sme hidden meanings thn plz elaborate coz i cud hardly make any sense thr!!

freesherry said...

huh?

Niveditha Sunderraj said...

Hehehe! It made no sense at all! But was just a funny rhyme...

P.S Why did Nothingman inspire you to write that?!

Ire said...

Its a lil weird! ummmm interesting tho!

zephyr said...

finally.. after a very long time i read somethin online which is so simple and fun at the same time... very very old school!! loved it!!

Ever Hopeful said...

Very interesting, reminds me of Ananya being atatcked by a monkey when she sat too close to the cage with banana her hand. The monkey pulled her hair to grab her attention as well as the banana

Alesea said...

simple yes, but not interesting. Rhyme scheme woven decently though.
but ya you generally do better then this one!

ceedy said...

does and does not make sense - its life and its travesty

Bharti Bedi said...

oh well the monkey virus has reached this blog as well...damn!!!

Jyoti said...

cage...n...college;
monkey..n..J****;

well, that doesnot make sense too for others but may be to you ;)

Anonymous said...

Heyy I remember when I was attacked by a monkey.
nice post LOLZZZZZZZZZ

Sameera Ansari said...

I don't know who is more pitiable,the boy or the monkey! :(

How are you btw?Have a nice Sunday!

Impressionist said...

@ Nothingman: heh! thanx bro! :D
glad to hear that frm u! :P heh

-I

Impressionist said...

@ Black Coffee: no dark satire or anything! :D
Its just anther stupid poem thats all ;)
hehe

-I

Impressionist said...

@ Gunj: Don't worry!
No hidden meanings!! If u didnt understand this poem then dont worry, it is a stupid poem! :P

-I

Impressionist said...

@ Freesherry: heh!

-I

Impressionist said...

@ Niveditha: RIGHT! :D
See his poetry blog and u will know! ;)

-I

Impressionist said...

@ The New Cynic: Weird? OK!
but Interesting? Hmmm....

*scratches head*

-I

Impressionist said...

@ Zephyr: LOL!!
U shud be glad u stumbled upon my blog then? isn't it? ;D

-I

Impressionist said...

@ Ever Hopeful: Oh! thats bad!
was she hurt??

-I

Impressionist said...

@ Alesea: Yeah, I know! :D
this is just Timepass! :P

-I

Impressionist said...

@ Ceedy: LOL! Yeah? :D

-I

Impressionist said...

@ The Island Girl: Well, As a matter of fact, YES! :D
It will infect the blogosphere soon! ;)

-I

Impressionist said...

@ Jyoti: I know U wrote JEEVY there!
Nice analogy there! :P SMart Girl! ;) hehe! nobody understands me better! ;)

-I

Impressionist said...

@ Nightingale: Yeah, I know! :D
ur mom told me! :P
thank u!

-I

Impressionist said...

@ Sameera: Both are! :D
Im Ok, have been busy! was not in Bangalore for a few days!
came back las night!
how ru doing?

-I