Everyone in this world seems to wear a mask on their pretty faces. Including Me.
In my eyes, in my mind
There’s this place made of lies
Where everyone fakes a smile
And there exists just one style
People laugh, people cry
But no one would ask you why
Play along is what they’ll do
It’s all a game, it’s nothing new
And you see me walk down the street
With a smile that’s naught but sweet
While inside, I’m breaking down
But I’d never make a sound
Just watch closely, they you’d see
The painfully hurt part of me
That grows and grows as time goes on
As I fight to keep myself calm
It’s not working, now, not anymore
The lies, they’ve crept in, to my core
And my heart’s not holding up so well
It’s taken time for me to tell
But it’s been there all along
The same lullaby, the same song
Singing, “Masquerade! Masquerade!”
And, “They’re all fake! It’s all fake!”
And I turn, to look around
There’s silence, now, there’s no sound
They’re waiting for me to complete my task
So I reach up and take off my mask
12 comments:
aww! you made me sad now :( but its true, masks are so vital now! I loved it :)
incredible. Congratulations on the removal.. You might feel the need to put it back on.. hope u have the courage to resist that need =)...
i like!
dark and sad...just the way i like to look at life.
but what a relief it is to take that mask off, wouldnt you say?!
Reminds me of this line: " i have measured out my life in coffee spoons" This is from TS Elliot's J. Alfred Pruffrock.
I loved going through this!
ahh... very true :-)
I like your template :-)
oohh.. poignant. I really like your new layout! :)
wow wow wow!!tht was my instant reaction to this post..i thot the "I" in d poem was me..u cud actually make this into a song u noe..i mean great poem but wud fit a songs lyrics brilliantly.
WONDERFUL!!
the twist at the end is amazing
Life is fake at times when people feel they want to be popular or get noticed.
Nice poem :)
u got a awesome sense of rhyme!!
The only time I've read and liked poetry!! :) How have you been doing sweetie??
Wow!
This one blew me away, I love the fast pace of it all.
Simply beautiful.
Post a Comment