Far

Music dripping off the moon like sin
Taking form of lips, pursed in concentration
Weaving around the frost like lost memories
And the footprints can't follow,
Because they still don't know where they're wandering to.

The imagination kills the soul
When the mind decides it wants something else too;
And when a boy loves a girl, the words get lost in
The thick facade of flattery, illiteracy, and the pregnancy
Of silence that doesn't know when to end

Saccharine eyes batting away at the decayed face
Of too many untold lies, and not enough truth
And if there was truth, it got swallowed up
By the constancy of waiting
And the suffering of thinking the world's a joke

Loners feel the sin; the moonlight too
And lovers wake under the glow (it drains)
Running, running away towards shame and something better
Than living conditions filled with uncertainty.
Save it for the weekend, sweetheart.

23 comments:

Ire said...

:) Loved it!

Anonymous said...

I really like this, you've captured the loneliness and sorrow really well.

Cяystal said...

I loved it..like always!

Whre have you been btw? :

Shruti said...

you're a genius Jeevy.. what do I say.. just yesterday I was discussing with a friend about 'the suffering of thinking the world's a joke'. If the world's a joke.. why should we care for all the supposedly insignificant ppl around us.. but then, we happen to, we find it necessary, why cant we just let everything go, why give so much importance to a joke..
na?

umangexuberance said...

what can I say..such word play, such music..

Amandeep Singh said...

Supa cool work man!
Too good!


How ya doin?

Rashi said...

each word means something...

nice post...

Anonymous said...

interesting read :)

Restive Mind said...

Superb!
"Imagination kills the soul" !!! - Awesome! Too true.. I have experienced it a lot of times!!

Jyoti said...

whats going here Jeevy?

Anonymous said...

loved the first para....but then got a bit lost..
imagination kills the soul....really?

Manish Raj said...

Rajeev..you are indeed a good impressionist.

I saw what you saw. Don't keep yourself 'far'; when you have a good soul.

At one point of your life, you will be bored of 'knowledge' and will miss that 'imagination' a lot. Be a little more romantic.

Take care
Manish

Alesea said...

loved it..the imagination kills the soul
When the mind decides it wants somethings else too.... a thought beautifully woven into words
good one

Akanksha said...

Beautiful as always:-)
Loved it!

unforgiven said...

Great work!

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

simply loved how u ended it :)
save it for the weekend sweetheart ;)

Sameera Ansari said...

Great imagery! :)

Pooja said...

hats off!!!

Stella said...

You always do interesting with the structure and punctuation.

Niveditha Sunderraj said...

whoa! Awesome! :) You've got a real flair dude! :)

WritingsForLife said...

interesting. I love the last stanza ;-)

Winnie the poohi said...

beautiful!

Ah am back after a long time here.. glad that I am :)

beautiful poem.. but I wanna say about the quote on your header.. very intriguing!

Anonymous said...

That is some interesting imagery...it really has me thinking.