And though it seems so simple
The intricate intelligent intensity
Believes you, and then rapes you
Of your soul, which you worked so hard
To protect from the ravaging pictures
Of the perfect life
Because they told you it would work
And the little girls stared at you
And their blue eyes swallowed your pride
And vomited up images of others
Who shared in the perversion
Of delighting in breaking the beating organ
Few consider vital
But though you stand
Perseverance becomes a pretty persecution
Relying on the pain bestowed upon your head
And the pounding grows into dull thunder
You used to watch it as a child
(Shh, hiding under the bed won't help)
Sweet baby, look what they've done
You're not so perfect
So by all means, keep going
The shreds of a once proud face
Standing, sweating, shirking the responsibility
And peeling away, wondering where the dead skin
Falls from
And your fingers look the same
Because, after all, innocence is just a pretense
(The affectation of…)
8 comments:
WOW a new template again :)
Wow. Trying to figure out the tone of this poem. Is it sarcasm or nonchalance? Or neither?
Mujhe ye samjhao...jo bhi hai achcha hai.. :-)
@ Dhanya: Yeah, New blog new looks! ;)
hehe!
-I
@ Solitaire: Kind of a quest for knowledge...like why I come up with these things. I rather like it! thats all
-I
@ That was it: I didn't get U!
did U understand the poem or not?
-I
That was very deep and something unusual!Care to elucidate? :)
Btw,where is your favicon?!
you know dont get mad at me - but reading it two three times...i personally visulize that there is something intimate that one keeps doing- feels guilty about it - trying to fight it - but cant as in the end its the hand that takes over the heart....
Post a Comment